Atlanta Condos for Sale
Find all condos for sale in Atlanta below. A condo embodies modern city life. The image of a busy, active lifestyle in a big city includes a high rise condo-style-home. Their popularity is greatest in the areas with the highest property values, like cities and vacation spots.
The homes below are being displayed by newest homes first. If you find something you like, feel free to register for a free account, where you can receive alerts when new condos hit the market.
Listing information last updated on Monday, December 16, 2019 at 4:22 AM.
While condos are mostly large property complexes divided into individual units, they can look like any type of building. Almost all look just like apartment buildings, but everyone owns their residence. In contrast, the common indoor and outdoor areas are collectively owned by all the residents.
Surprisingly, condos have been around since the late 1800s. The whole idea started in New York for people who didn’t want to keep renting. Because of the high property costs, even then, condos were a great alternative to expensive houses. Ever since, seniors, couples and individuals find condo living a desirable option for city life.
Common Characteristics & Features
Condo buildings carry homeowner fees to pay for the upkeep of the amenities and common areas. These fees cover the common expenses associated with:
- the pool
- fitness rooms
- security systems and staff
- covered parking garage or uncovered parking lot maintenance (including snow removal)
- the business center
- yard work and landscaping
- exterior maintenance such as repairing and replacing roofs or siding
- professional management personnel for accounting, overseeing general finances, holding annual meetings plus handling daily operation
Restrictions may include:
- age groups (over 55 or over 21, for example)
- exterior décor
- amenity use
Benefits of the Condo
Crave the city life? Hate yard work? Don’t have enough cash or credit to get into a house, but you want to start real estate investing? Want a secure piece of real estate in your favorite vacation spot? Condominiums are probably your best choice.
- Money is certainly a big part of why condo ownership appeals to so many. Your condo ownership gives you tax deductions that renting never will. Finally, you can start to get ahead with those monthly payments.
- In contrast, condominium prices range from very budget friendly to super expensive and luxurious. The expensive units themselves have more luxurious fixtures, like marble countertops and claw foot tubs. They also are often high in the sky or penthouse suites with spectacular views. The price for some of these units would buy several single-family homes because sometimes money is not the reason.
Amenities in the condominium complexes add to their desirability, even when you could afford your own house. Especially in a large city, residents have complete access, without the chores and upkeep of single-family homes.
If you want the real feel of city life, with all the action and none of the dreary chores, a condo is a great choice.