Atlanta Traditional Homes for Sale
Find all traditional homes for sale in Atlanta. A traditional home has that timeless look inspired by European decor from the 18th and 19th centuries. Traditional homes are often a mixture of several styles and contain a variety of influences Traditional style houses suit rural locations and fit similarly well in stable suburban neighborhoods.
The homes below are being displayed by newest homes first. If you find something you like, feel free to register for a free account, where you can receive alerts when new traditional homes hit the market.
Listing information last updated on May 18, 2021 at 10:15 PM EST.
Traditional Home Info
Common Characteristics & Features :
- symmetry and balance in everything from furniture arrangements to windows.
- single level floor plans.
- formal living and dining rooms, usually in separate rooms.
- steeply pitched roofs.
- covered, welcoming front porch.
- wide open foyers so guests feel welcome.
- expansive lofts.
- heavy, dark woodwork, raised cabinet panels and decorative details in the kitchen.
- black or paneled appliances, because stainless is too starkly modern.
- stone backsplashes, or tile that seems like stone.
- maple, mahogany, walnut or cherry woods.
- hardwood floors throughout.
- area rugs define furniture groupings over the hardwood in the main living areas.
- built-in wood cabinets, shelving, and closets.
- classic chandeliers of all shapes and sizes.
- freestanding, claw foot tubs.
- neutral paint colors.
- cozy wood and stone fireplaces as the centerpiece of the living area.
- long, heavy window drapes.
- grand, elegant details.