Jackson Street Bridge in Atlanta: A Complete Guide
Jackson Street Bridge Address: 170 Jackson St NE Atlanta, GA 30312
Jackson Street Bridge is one of Atlanta’s most iconic landmarks that is a fan favorite among tourists and locals alike. The bridge offers an unobstructed skyline view of Downtown and is a very popular spot for taking photos. Additionally, the bridge has notably made an appearance television shows like The Walking Dead and Atlanta. Check out our complete list of tips below before you go!
Tips Before You Go
- There is no parking on the bridge itself. Nearby and free street parking can be found on a side street located at 434 John Wesley Dobbs Ave NE, Atlanta, GA. From there, it’s less than a two-block walk to the bridge. Be sure to lock up all of your valuables!
- The bridge features bike lanes and a sidewalk, meaning that you don’t need a car to access it.
- You can visit Jackson Street Bridge at any time of day to take pictures, although you might get the most bang for your buck by going at night. There are fewer people there and fewer cars will be in the background of your shot. Plus, seeing the Atlanta skyline lit up is quite magical.
- Jackson Street Bridge is a popular spot to take engagement photos because of the romantic backdrop of the city.
- Check out the weather before going. It won’t be very fun if there’s rain or fog planned when you show up.
- Jackson Street Bridge is in Old Fourth Ward, meaning you can walk to other top Atlanta destinations like Ponce City Market and Krog Street Market. Also, Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park is just a few blocks away.
Also, there’s also a small park planned for Jackson Street Bridge that should be completed by the end of 2020.
By the way, here’s the iconic clip of Jackson Street Bridge’s cameo in The Walking Dead’s pilot episode: